Natalie J. Schachner
is an associate in O’Melveny’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Securities Litigation, White Collar Defense and Corporate Investigations, and the Health Care Practices. Her practice focuses on representing companies and their directors and officers in securities fraud class and derivative actions in federal and state courts, as well as counseling clients through complex and sensitive internal investigations and regulatory compliance issues. Natalie also devotes significant time to the Firm’s various pro bono
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Defending a US-listed Chinese company in a securities fraud class action filed in the Central District of California that alleges that the company issued materially false and misleading financial statements in its SEC filings.
- Defending a Chinese company expanding in the U.S. market in shareholder litigation brought in California state court.
- Conducting an internal investigation regarding alleged violations of the anti-kickback statute and False Claims Act for a leading Medicare provider and health insurer.
- Conducting an internal investigation on behalf of a Fortune 500 company’s audit committee to assess the compliance of its China-based subsidiary with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Represented pro bono client in partnering with an Asian-American legal center to represent 28 Korean-American immigrants who were defrauded in a loan modification scam.
Honorable Victor B. Kenton, US District Court, Central District of CaliforniaAdmitted to Practice,
US District Court, Central District of California; US Court of Appeals, Ninth CircuitCo-Author,
"New Incentives for Corporations to Maintain Effective Compliance and Ethics Programs," O'Melveny Client Alert